I thought I'd record the ups and downs of this weekend. I should preface this by saying Deanna is always the one with the camera and was fully supportive of every photo captured. She also is always saying something to make people laugh. Even when she is, say, losing her lunch by the valet stand at a fancy hotel while a kind old wealthy couple is arriving for dinner.
Reporting live from the Echelon building, this is Andrea Heath.
Oh just get your act together and smile, girls.
In the ER at about 2 in the morning. Notice how fabulous she looks in all her wedding makeup. I think she knew this and that's why she wanted me in the picture. Respectfully, we chose not to smile.
Getting in the ambulance (to go from suburban ER to Seton downtown). I really hated this part most of all. Its a very awful feeling putting someone in an ambulance.
I was supposed to wear all this protective gear in her room, and I like to follow rules so I put it all on and proceeded to give her a huge hug. Now that's a smart girl.
At this point we are sick and tired of taking pictures so although we are home and she is better, I don't have anything to prove it.
On a serious note, thank you so much for checking on us, offering to help, and praying for her. Thank you Kim for taking my kids so I could be at the hospital! I appreciate it so much. And thank you Brent for being so supportive and taking care of the kids and all the responsibilities at home while I've been gone a lot. I'm so glad to have such great friends and loving family!

2 comments:
Andrea, what was wrong with Deanna?
It was viral meningitis. Yuck!
Post a Comment