Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lunch & Dinner

Tonight I made Risotto with Vegetables for dinner. It was a new recipe for an old favorite. And that was all we had, since Brent is pro-meatless-on-occasion. What did I find out he had for lunch? Rice and Vegetables. Has he ever had that for lunch before? No. How often does this happen to us? Frequently. It happened with my dad a lot too -- Mom would cook a nice meal and it would be just what Dad had for lunch. Brent doesn't complain, he just points it out and we laugh about it, but it kind of bothers me. I don't like the coincidence. I feel ripped off, or like I'm being watched. Does this happen in your family? Does it bother you a wee bit?

In other news..
Last week Blake said out of the blue, "I know how to clap in church." I was filled with joy that he pays attention to people worshipping, and that he goes to a church where we get into praising God. He went on to model clapping in a casual, sort of floppy way (no cheerleading rigidity in the worship clap) and said, "You make your hands like a cross." Now I'll think of that every time I clap in church.

5 comments:

Julie T said...

YES...Chris always jokes with me that our dinner is the same thing he had for lunch. It hardly ever is, but for some reason he gets a kick out of it. His dad did the same "joke" with his mom. Must be a male thing!

Ashley said...

The meal thing happens to us sometimes, too. Ryan never seems to mind and laughs about it in his easy-going way. My ways, however, are not so easy-going, and it bugs me too. Those little exchanges speak volumes about the differences between us and probably why we function so well together. I'm guessing that's true for you guys, too!

shanon said...

Blake is so sweet...and I wish I went to a clappy church :-(

MLW said...

Never happens to us...of course I don't usually eat lunch. :-)

Claire said...

It never happens to us because Jason usually either eats lunch with us or is gone for a few days and doesn't eat with us at all. I guess that it would be interesting if it did occur. I have never given it much thought.