Here are a few things that made me smile recently.
I stopped into a salon to get my eyebrows threaded, which is a method I've never done before. I have witnessed a friend's suffering (thank you Casey) and wasn't sure if I wanted to attempt it.
Me: What is it like?
Alex, the beautiful eyebrow technician: It feels just like plucking.
Me, in my mind: Ouch! Is she trying to discourage me? (Have you ever had someone else pluck your eyebrows? It hurts.)
Me, out loud: Okay, let's do it. I'll probably cry.
Alex: Don't worry, everyone does.
(Reassuring, no? In the end, I didn't cry, and I liked it a lot. I mean, besides the part where she ripped out each little hair by the root.)
Blake: I want some iguana.
Me: What?
Blake: You know, its spanish for water.
-----
Blake: Daddy, you know what's good? Dane and I made some places outside to go pee pee so you don't have go aaalllll the way inside. We made little holes in the corners where there is no grass. (Sounds like a smart approach to me.)
-----
Deanna: I mean, she's just a really human person.
-----
Blake: Ohh, I have the hiccups. I don't think I'll be able to go to school today. That storm last night must have really brought in some hiccups.
-----

3 comments:
Too cute! I have to admit my favorite is the "pee pee holes" . . . .
post a pic of your eyebrows--did you have it done by an Indian woman? Do you like them? Would you recommend it?
I did like it, and I think it looks the same as any other method. I will do it again and I recommend it. She wasn't Indian. I like that it is a more natural method than rubbing hot wax on your skin and then ripping it off. If my skin could talk, I think it would ask me not to do that.
Post a Comment