I just got home from spending an amazing night out with girlfriends. We sat on a patio for four hours and talked and talked and laughed and ate and drank and talked for a lot longer. I'm so thankful for my friends! I NNNEEEED girlfriends. It feels so good to get out and laugh together. I told Brent I'd be home by 11, and he questioned (lovingly) whether we'd really stay at one place for four hours. I know that may be weird to a guy, but its very easy for a girl to do! So much to cover, so little time away from interruptions!
My boys had guys night, which they all love. When I got home to a dark house full of sleepers, I noticed this on the door, about hip level. Its my first ever note from my son, which is a very exciting moment for me. Clearly someone got spelling help about halfway through:
In case you're not knee-deep in Star Wars paraphanelia like I am, it says "Mom Please get Battle Droids From Pilot." Apparently I took his battle droids in our car (a Honda Pilot) and he missed them while I was gone. He probably didn't miss me, just his droids. I love my little guy!

5 comments:
Blake and his Star Wars guys, so cute! I agree, it was a fun night and wish I could have lasted as late as the rest of you. I was looking around the table last night thinking how thankful I am for everyone there. Fun night out with the ladies!
I second that!! I always have a great time with the girls - I hope Maddy has an equally amazing set of friends!
Makes me miss you all even more. Cute note!
What a blessed life you have right now--life is good. God is good!
That is adorable! I still love getting notes, even though Grace has been writing them for a few years now.
Blake would fit right in with all the 4 & 5 year old boys I teach on Wednesday nights at church. They are all obsessed with Star Wars. I have no idea what they are talking about!
Post a Comment