In my family growing up, we had fondue on Valentine's Day. I have a few memories of it, and I loved that we got to eat in the dark. I'm not as good as my mom is about 'ambience' (her word), but I try to carry on a few traditions in my lesser-style.
Because Valentine's Day was on Sunday, we did our fondue on Saturday. Basically, Saturday was not a good day around here. I was wanting to live in my alternate dream world, and no one else in my family was co-operating. It would have been a good day for me to escape to a hotel in San Antonio or something, but somehow that option never arose. (And actually, I probably would have liked that a little too much, making it a bad idea long-term.) So we all survived the day, and tolerated each other, and luckily no one took advantage of the sharp sticks near open flames and hot liquids that night.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Valentine This
Brent and I had a brief but honest chat on Saturday night and Sunday dawned much brighter. I was so excited to go see my friends running the marathon! Everything worked out perfectly for me to see them before church and I was about as excited as they were. I was smiling so big all the way there and home, and am very proud of all of them! When Kim ran by I wanted to just run out and hug her and jump around in circles but luckily for everyone I restrained myself.
The boys treated me to lunch after church at Matt's El Rancho, and if you go there much, you know why I love it.
P.S. Brent and I went on our first date on Valentine's Day 12 years ago. Its still such a sweet memory -- of him whipping out those roses from the back seat after a long night out, and of me being a jittery bundle of nerves in my apartment afterwards. I couldn't sit still for more than ten seconds and you know how laid back Brent always is. That one picture probably sums up the whole twelve years.
at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
This made me laugh SEVERAL times. I especially liked the "brief but honest chat." hahaha
He,He.....
It reminds me of growing up when my parents would say "You WILL do it and you WILL have fun". I'm glad you stuck it out to keep the valentine's tradition!
Funny, we do fondue during the Christmas season. Too cute!
Post a Comment