Thursday, February 18, 2010

Two Boys

My boys talk about poop all day long. Actually they just say poop, they aren't really talking about it. I hear it at least thirty times a day. Why do boys do this? Any tips on stopping it?
I went to a fabric store today, and everytime I do that, I want to decorate a little girl nursery (not bad enough to spring for one though). All you moms of girls, I hope you had so much fun picking out girly room stuff!
The kids had a firefighter and firetruck at preschool today. The teachers told me that Blake was really into it, answered all the fireman's questions, asked him other questions, and told all the kids about the oxygen tank. If you know Blake, you know I was very surprised to hear this. He's usually not the one talking. I'm very curious about this episode, but if I try to bring it up, he says, 'Mooommm, let's just not talk about it, okay?' Great, he's only four and I'm already being shut out...

3 comments:

MLW said...

So we all want to know where he learned, "Let's just not talk about it, OK?" :-)

Gena said...

Poop and toots. Seriously. I have a boy and a girl....it's not any better. It must be the craziest things their little minds can think up to be funny. I guess it's better than quoting the comedy channel.

Ashley said...

I imagine if you have your girl first, potty talk might not be as big a deal, but girls with older brothers do it, too. Scout thinks bodily functions are the epitome of good humor. And if she laughs, it's hard for us not to laugh, and the behavior is, thus, encouraged. Garrett won't tell me anything, either. His excuse is that he can't remember, though he has perfect recall when I ask specific questions. Stinkers. No solutions here, just company in your misery!