I've had a heavy heart today, thinking about the people of Haiti. I see the photos, but I cannot comprehend it. When I saw this picture, the look in her eyes struck my heart. She looks like she's on a mission, trying to do something amidst all that chaos, working to help. My first thought was 'Why me?' Why was this soul born in this land of abundance, while hers was born in a land of poverty?
She looks so thin, and hot, and overwhelmed. I imagined all these desperate things she might be feeling. But then I thought perhaps she's feeling something like I am as she looks around, grateful that she's alive and uninjured, wondering why she was saved amidst the peril. I'll never know, but I'll be praying for her tonight.


1 comments:
This is so horrible isn't it..I just saw footage of this for the first time tonight and felt guilty for not even knowing that this was going on while I live in comfort and with ease.
Post a Comment