Friday, January 22, 2010

Not Quite

Not surprisingly, the kitchen is not done afterall. Everyone but the plumber is coming back next week, but I'm okay with that. Its kind of weird not having any privacy for a week. I've had to watch what I talk about, be a good disciplinarian, and shut the door to pee. For the first four days I got dressed and made up before they showed up at 7:30, but today I just stayed in my Santa pajamas until 10. It was a much better choice for me, although I think they were a little uncomfortable at first.


The boys painted for awhile today to be near the action but not in the way. This shirt Blake is wearing is one that I got when I was 4 when my family went to Mt. Rushmore. Its so soft, brings back good memories of family vacations, and I love to see him wearing it. Blake carefully covered all the Presidents' faces with Stormtrooper stickers.

The kitchen's going to wait though because the fam is headed to Breckenridge for a few days. I had so much fun playing in snow growing up in New Jersey and Maryland, and its important to me that our kids get to experience some of that as well. I have as much fun as they do in it. I love being bundled up in the cold weather and laying in the snow. And, I also love those old western towns. Colorado, please be good to us!

3 comments:

simply fabulous said...

LOVE the backsplash!!!!

Julie T said...

Have a great time in Colorado!

MLW said...

Can't wait to see this?