I am just sick of seeing that last post title...
Blake asked me last night if they had movies when I was a little kid. Back in the old days when only a lucky few had VHS. Oddly enough the only kid movies I could remember were Care Bears and E.T. Do you have favorite movies from when you were a kid?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Something New
at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Andrea...this is in reponse to your chicken fat question. We put it in a HEB bag (with no holes) and freeze it until trash day. It stinks in the disposal and in the trash can if you leave it. We do the same with anything that will smell up the house!
I was all about Annie and Mary Poppins. Even those may be a bit old for our kids. Jeremiah saw Tom and Jerry on TV the other day and asked Ben what it was. Ben told him it was a cartoon from when we were kids. Not a video but fun never the less.
The Wizard of Oz came on TV every year and we would always watch that without fail. That was the only movie I ever really saw more than once, because we only saw movies at the theater. Later we rented tapes but we never bought them unlike now.
My dad took me to see Cinderella in the theater with some of my friends. I also loved The Fox and the Hound. As an older kid I loved Goonies. I loved that last post title, by the way. It's fun to say.
I watched The Parent Trap and Pollyanna over and over. I guess I was obsessed with Hayley Mills! (-:
Since Grace is a bit older, we've been working on this movie thing for a few years. Some of our favorites (hers, but they were mine years ago) are: Sound of Music, Annie, Robin Hood (animated version), Home Alone (Grace only-it scares Claire), Little Mermaid, Mulan (we all really like that one-I was in college when it came out), and all the Little House on the Prairies-we've been buying those in DVD format by the season. I'm sure there are millions of others, but that was just off the top of my head.
Oh, and when we DVR Pink Panther-they love it!
The Flight of the Navigator, Troop Beverly Hills, Annie, Parent Trap, Goonies, Lucas, Quarterback Princess
How random is this, but we LOVED the movie Space Camp around our house. We had the VHS of it and watched it over and over and over again.
I think the first VHS tape we "owned" was Alien. I don't remember the details of it, but it seemed like the youth minister (Mike Taliafero) left it there one summer. I bet we watched that movie a dozen times. :-)
Post a Comment