Friday, October 19, 2007

Here's to my husband!

I'm finally following through on being tagged by Beth.

1. Who is your husband? If you don't know, you shouldn't be reading this.
2. How long have you known each other? We started getting to know each other 10 years ago this fall.
3. How long dated? 16 months
4. How old is your husband? 32
5. Who eats more? He eats more overall but it's close, because I eat a lot. And he often accuses me of not giving him larger portions than I give myself.
6. Who said "I love you" first? He said it but it was sort of indirect. If I recall correctly, when this admission of love came out, it was in a conversation about the fact that we might be serious enough to stay together forever. Everything got a little rushed when he graduated a year ahead of me and moved to Houston, and we had to decide whether to make it a long distance relationship. I don't remember the first time either of us actually said the words, I love you.
7. Who is taller? Brent
8.Who sings better? Definitely me, although he would say Definitely him, and we've had this conversation before.
9. Who is smarter? He's smarter. (He scored a 91 and I scored a 92 on the comprehensive test we took before graduating with business degrees, so I said this proved I was smarter. But as he pointed out at the time, I actually studied for it and he did not. So you see how it goes. He's smarter.) Also he's getting smarter as we get older, whereas I'm quite sure I'm losing brain cells hourly. If my day included something besides 'ballgame', Thomas the Train, and dirty diapers this might be different.
10. Who's temper is worse? Mine. I don't like to admit it but I have a pretty bad temper. Which I came by honestly.
11. Who does the laundry? Me and it is sometimes not done in the timeframe he would like.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Him, unless it's not done in the timeframe I would like.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Is this if you are lying in it or looking at it?
14. Who pays the bills? I do, believe it or not, and I'm quite proud of this as I've done a decent job of it. I took it over when I started staying home.
15. Who is better with the computer? He's better at hardware and Excel, I'm better at digital asset management systems and blogging. We both like to pawn off the junk jobs on each other.
16. Who mows the lawn? Cornelio and his son, Oscar. Don't report us.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me, without fail.
18. Who drives when you are together? Brent, although this is a matter of secret inner turmoil for me. I don't really like the way he drives.
19. Who pays when you go out? Whoever isn't dealing with the kids. I kind of like doing it. It's the only math that I ever get to do and that I can do in my head.
20. Who is most stubborn? I'd say we're both plenty stubborn which makes for an interesting marriage.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me. I am more likely to see where I could be wrong but I don't do this often. He is more resolute in his opinions.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? We usually see his parents more frequently and mine for longer periods of time at each visit.
23. Who kissed who first? Brent of course. I may be friendly but I don't do that.
24. Who asked who out? Brent asked me out for a Saturday night, which happened to be Valentine's Day, but I wasn't really sure if it was a date until the end of the night when he whipped out a vase of a dozen roses that had been hidden in the backseat all night long.
25. Who proposed? Why is this question in here? Does anyone know a girl who proposed?
26. Who is more sensitive? Me. Hands down.
27. Who has more friends? I would say I have more close friends, because I need close friends and make them wherever I go (not the grocery store, but in new places I live or work). Brent is very friendly, but isn't as close to as many people. However Brent is much better at making conversation than I am. I often make really dumb comments to fill up space whereas Brent asks lots of interesting questions and makes witty remarks. He's very alert in conversations, and my brain is usually hopping all over the place.
28. Who has more siblings? Me. I have two brothers, he has one sister. The addition of one person makes a big difference as a family grows - my family feels really big when we're all together, and his feels, well, smaller.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? On some issues, I wear the pants, and on some he does, but I think we both have traditional views of marriage that incline us both to say he is the leader of the household, therefore he wears the pants.
30. What is something that most people don't know about your husband? Something bad: His teeth turn really purple when he drinks red wine and then it's hard for me to take him seriously. Something good: He's really forgiving.
Something strange: He has webbed feet.
Just kidding.
31. What do you love most about your husband? He's really good at making me laugh when I need to just chill out. He seems to think anytime is a good time for a laugh. I can be a little serious. And also, he's a great dad - I thought he'd be a good one, but he's blown me away as a father.

Jonna, you're up! Unless you already were and I missed it.

3 comments:

JessBless said...

I had no idea you had a blog!!!! I'm all caught up now. You are a fun writer. It was a lot of fun to read those fun facts about your and Brent's relationship. Y'all are such a cute couple.

:) Jessica D.

Beth Hames said...

For some reason as I was reading this I was hearing your voice in my head which was fun. I loved #16, although it did take me a second to get it.

jonna said...

Very fun list...I, too, could hear you fast talking through the list as I read it!

You're funny, by the way!