Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My First Ever Oven Fire

We just had an oven fire. When I saw the flames, I immediately had a flashback of standing in our kitchen in New Jersey when I was about 10 and my mom teaching me, "If you ever have an oven fire, pour baking soda on it."
I love how our brains are designed. I can't remember names for anything but that memory sure popped up at the golden moment.
I kind of wish I'd taken a picture of the fire but all we have is the charred remains of molten goo.

I was sad to lose the zucchini bread but glad to keep my oven.
Bread
And I wasn't thrilled to open all our doors when it's 96 degrees out, but I figured it was worth it.
DoorsOpen
Thanks, Mom, for teaching me so many important things! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

0 comments: