Monday, June 6, 2011

Blake's Army Birthday

To celebrate turning 6, Blake met some of his buddies from school at Camp Mabry for a little army birthday party. He is intrigued with all things military, so it was a perfect fit for Blake.

In a rare act of relinquishing control, I let Blake decorate his own birthday cake. Since I don't make cakes that cute anyway I figured it was a smart concession. He set up an intense WWI-style battle with a barbed wire fence separating two sides. I'm surprised he didn't dig a trench.

At Mabry, the pack of boys took off towards the helicopters for some games in the big field. I guarantee the parents weren't as excited about the long trek over.
Luke prepared to conquer the obstacle course.


And Blake smiled his way through the tunnel.


Is this little guy not the cutest thing? I just want to eat him up every time I see him. He's sandwiched between his two big brothers, and yes, sometimes he makes me want a third boy.



They looked a little nervous checking out the cockpit.
This is a boy version of playing dress-up. They tried on uniforms from the Gulf War and WWII.

That's Dane underneath. I can't believe how heavy these uniforms are. I love our soldiers -- both real and wanna-be.

Blake has been studying Jack Nicholson.

Blake and Drew are barely recognizable all geared up.

Ian took things up a notch.

We nestled in between some tanks to eat cake.




A last minute tweak from the Battle Commander

His final scene before it was devoured


I like to call this photo "Andrea Carries On and On."

I love all these little heads gathered together. Boys are so stinky and cute.

0 comments: