Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gifts of Love

These things make me happy.

For Christmas, the boys picked out their own gifts for us. I tried to keep it as real as I could; I closed my eyes when they put their gifts in the cart and tried not to look at the check-out.
For me, Blake chose these fabulous glam earrings! He really perused the jewelry aisle before selecting these and although they are as big as my face, I love them. I have the perfect outfit for them too.


Blake seriously considered getting Brent one of those piggy banks you've been seeing at Target, because he realized we don't have one in our room. Fortunately instead he picked out army guy nutcrackers which are already in the attic with our Christmas stuff.

Dane thought Brent would love to play with this Toy Story bean bag toss game. Boy, was he right.


He also insisted on getting Brent this Transformers birthday card. Not knowing it was so important, at the register I told the cashier we didn't want it and Dane burst into tears! Of course I quickly made sure we got it.

I suggested to Dane that I might like some flannel sheets for our bed. Although I pointed him (three times) towards the polka dot/non-Christmas-y sheets, he was sure that I would like the sheets with socks. It turns out I do adore cozying up in our sock sheets, and so does Dane.

0 comments: