Monday, January 24, 2011

That Doesn't Go There and Other News

A quick weekend recap:

On Friday I came across Dane's pillow on the floor, covered in staples.


Near it was a disassembled craft project from church, and in the back of my mind I wondered what happened to the newspaper stuffing that was previously inside it.
I soon found it.

Someone got in very big trouble for that one.
Then we made homemade pizzas for dinner, which is one of my favorite things. However Blake doesn't really like sauce or cheese so this was their pizza.

He didn't really like it that way either, surprisingly.
On Saturday morning we went downtown with our small group from church to feed breakfast to people on the streets. We all just made some food and met up in a big parking lot where hungry people might hang out. I'm really thankful for our friends Ryan and Ashley for inviting us to do this with them, and for keeping it simple. It brings my heart such joy to look around at friends that I love so much while we work toward something together.
We wanted Blake and Dane to help and pay attention to the people we were serving. Blake handed us cups to fill, and Dane poured creamer in cofffee. I'll never forget how sweet he was with that creamer! He took his job very seriously. At one point I had a cup of coffee in my hand but was distracted doing something else. Dane kept saying quietly, 'Mommy, Mommy, Mommy' until I finally responded and he said, "I want to put some creamer in that coffee."
The people we served were so polite and thankful, and I came away with a heart that felt uplifted but heavy.

To close it out, Sunday night Brent and I gave our testimony at our small group. Its good for us to remember what we've come through and how God has delivered us, and I'm thankful for our friends listening to our hearts and loving us. I'm looking forward to hearing their stories next.

0 comments: