Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Merry Maryland Christmas

Our first morning there, the boys went straight outside in their pj's to play in the snow.

This year I realized my 16 year old nephew is a surprisingly fantastic cookie decorator.

On Christmas Eve we sing carols and read the story of Jesus' birth. This year Blake recited the story from Luke 2:4-14 for us, which he learned in school. I cried, of course. He also led most of our songs -- something neither Brent nor I ever do in a group! Maybe he'll stay that confident. (I should confide that Blake's a litttle hesitant to recite in a group, and there was a small bit of monetary coercing, unbeknownst to the rest of the Williams family.)

One day I wandered around the house until I finally found Brent and Dane. This is what vacation is for!

Mimi and Blake love to make peanut butter cookies. I am partial to chocolate chip so when she made these for him the first time last year, he thought it was an amazing discovery.
On Christmas morning, it started snowing and we were so excited! Blake and I went out in his pajamas again. We were expecting several inches but it was a big mean joke, and nothing new stuck. It was beautiful while it was coming down though, and we loved waiting outside for my brother's family to arrive.
The traditional waiting-on-the-stairs-to-rush-to-stockings photo. This year Blake got upset because he thought we said "Go!" but really he had to sit through more pictures. Oops. We miss you M's!
Dane was very proud of his stack of presents.

I also loved playing the fast-paced and fun card game Nerts with all the adults and my teenage niece and nephew after my kids went to bed. I'm so glad they are old enough to join in, and now we can all have a big game again. We haven't really done that since I was 17 and said nephew was born... its even more fun with them in the game!

0 comments: