We don't name our cars. We don't feel devastated when they get bumped and nicked. This is fortunate because I've been known to cause a dent or three. But despite our detached attitude towards our cars, there was a twinge of sadness on Saturday as we said farewell to The Accord.
I know, we look real sad, don't we?
We bought the Accord just a few months after we got married. We took it on lots of trips to Oklahoma, usually dreaming about our future of having children and moving somewhere else and wondering where we'd be in five years.
For years I commuted to work across Houston in that car...hours spent processing the new experiences of a young married professional woman. I even had a little spider that made its home in the door and drove me crazy, creeping out every day on my drive home but staying just out of reach. A few years later we brought our first baby home from the hospital in that car.
The Accord represents a long stretch of my life. Looking back, I treasure our memories of life before kids and want to imprint them in my mind. Selling it made me realize how far we've come -- from dreaming about our future to embracing it.

1 comments:
That is too cute! We feel the same way about the keyless Jetta in the garage;)
Post a Comment