Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dane Is Three

Today is Dane's birthday!
Yesterday we had a Toy Story party, and he loved celebrating with his buddies.

Dane said he wanted Cinnamon Rolls at his party, so he got 'em. Luckily Barb was able to make them for us when they were visiting recently and I froze them until the big day. I've never mastered that recipe, but I hope to figure it out, let's say before I turn 40. (Ugh that sentence just filled me with dread.)

He waited patiently for his turn at Pin the Tail on Bullseye.


Blindfolding children is really one of my favorite things to do.


The Space Ranger Dance - I'm tempted to include bubble-popping at every party we have.

We staged our own Escape from Sunnyside.

I think this means he likes it.

No one ever knows what to do while everyone is looking at them and singing Happy Birthday.
In case you're wondering, that cake was supposed to look like the wood floor with the toy box. Somehow it didn't end up looking like what I envisioned. I think I've said that about every cake I've ever tried to do myself.
I love how Dane is talking to his toys, asking questions about the world around him, still giving me big kisses...I am so excited for him to be three!

2 comments:

MLW said...

So cute! Happy birthday, big guy!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday, Dane! I cannot believe you are 3. It looks like a super-fun party. Great job, Andrea!