Friday, August 20, 2010

Blake's Pick

School starts next week. What a loaded statement. I've been letting Blake pick our activities for his last few days of summer. I'm offering up ideas like the pool, the splashpad, mini-golf, the moon...anything I can think of that won't melt us. The other day, Blake came back with, "I know! Let's make flags out of cloth." Not what I was expecting. But we went straight to Michael's and bought a bunch of felt to make flags. Fun project for him and me both.








Today when I asked what he wanted to do, he ran straight to my cookbooks and told me not to look. He picked out a recipe with a picture of cookie donuts. He loves legos and Star Wars and violence as much as any other five year old, and I'm glad he likes to do these things too.



Most of the day I had really sweet moments with my guys, and was a little sad that school starts next week. Then Dane held onto his dirty foot and promptly put his hand in the sugar for the cookies. Nasty! And then they spilled water all over the computer desk (I was the idiot who left my water out) and my laptop barely escaped destruction and I completely wigged out. So maybe, perhaps, it will be okay for school to start next week.

1 comments:

Claire said...

I can't wait to hear how the first few days go! Its bittersweet when they start, because they learn and grow so much, and its fun to watch them become their own person, but at the same time its sad because they are growing up. For what its worth, it was much less difficult with Claire!

By the way, you're a great mom. I barely did anything fun to celebrate the end of summer, instead I dragged them throughout OKC looking for cheap school supplies, then giving up and buying things similar to things on the supply list at Walmart.