Saturday, May 15, 2010

These Manners are Getting Out of Control

I've been making a big deal of Blake and Dane answering me with "Yes Ma'am" during certain situations -- like when I'm asking them to never ever again throw a toy at their brother's eye. Blake has noticed how pleased I am when he uses good manners, so he's started caling me "Ma'am" quite a bit. Like when he's asking for milk. "Ma'am, may I have some milk please, ma'am?" Or sometimes he saunters up to me and says, "Ma'am?" and waits for my response, then proceeds with, "Can we go to the park, ma'am?" Today he really stepped it up a notch by saying, "Yes ma'amary."
Keep up the good work, son.

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOL

CM said...

Sweet Blake! I can just picture him saying that. I love it when kids think they've found the magic bullet for getting what they want. When Taylor wants something he says "yes please" in a really high pitched voice, like that will make me say yes to whatever he's asking...

MLW said...

That's hilarious! My own nephews being raised as Texans. If you say "ma'am" to someone in CA they look at you like you're from Mars... or Dixie. I don't know which is a greater cultural distance from the coasts!