In the last 15 minutes, the following events occured.
I took a shower and for the first time, I decided the boys were happily playing and I didn't need to put them in front of the tv. I know, I'm basically a senseless goat. Give me a gate and some grass.
When I came out to check on them, I heard water running. Hard. And lots of giggles. Upon looking in their bathroom, I found the sink faucets on full power, water pouring off the countertop and a good inch of water standing all over the floor. And a couple feet of wet carpet outside the door. No boys to be seen, of course. After their first round of spankings, the giggled conspiratorally. Not smart.
Two minutes after we all cleaned it up, I couldn't find Blake. Turns out he had wandered outside to the front yard without me knowing, which is against our rules. I am on my knees giving him a good lecture and he says kindly, "I can't hear you." So I look in his ears and find tiny black plastic toys, the perfect size for getting lodged in an ear canal.
And now I'm hearing tape being pulled off the roll in long sequences so I better go check it out. Good thing there are no plastic parts in my ears.

4 comments:
One of my favorite parts of your blog is that you take photos of teh kids at these times. I can't want to see a "Mom's Point Of View" from an on your knee lecture.
My boys did the exact same thing when they were both that same age....literally dumped buckets of water in their bathroom (which had carpet by the way). I must say they learned their lesson though because it hasn't happened since. (-:
These boys are always making me laugh!
Gosh, you make me so sorry I never had children ;-)
Post a Comment