Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oklahoma

I love Oklahoma. Its full of great memories for me. This time I loved packing in fun with Brent's parents, running in the cool mornings, catching fireflies, snuggling Dane at night, watching the sun set, and catching up with our family and friends we don't get to see enough! I don't have pictures of the best moments, but here is a glimpse of our week.

The boys got haircuts from Bob, who has now cut four generations of Heath hair.


At my Granny's I watched my kids do the same things I loved when I was kid, like make ridiculous faces unknowingly.

Blake's current fascination: fighter jets and army guys.
The gold putter was passed down at Tealridge in a ceremony that ended with Dane's diaper leaking all over. Grandy didn't realize the risk he was taking at this moment.Some family moments are full of fun; some are sort of sad. This is my sweet Grandmother.

Indulging in several Braum's cones is a must when I'm in Oklahoma. At $1.07 each, they can't be beat.

Dane takes indulging to an extreme.

At the Railway Museum, the Heath family crept along at 8 mph for a 35 minute train ride. How far did they travel?
Now and then we laugh at Brent's antics. This was one such moment.
Boys love a big engine!

I can't explain this, but I like it.



I married into being permanent friends with these girls, and they have become some of my dearest and most treasured friends! I'm so glad Brent's buddies had such excellent taste in women.


My boys have a lotta gorgeous girls to choose from in this group. I think Dane is eyeing one already. (A - I'm so sorry I missed Claire!)

Here's to summer vacations!

3 comments:

Summer said...

looks like fun. i caught a glimpse of you at MRCC but couldn't get through the mass of people to say hi. Glad you had fun.

Claire said...

It was so fun to see what you did all week here in OK! I'm so glad we got to get together. And I'm so thankful our husbands are friends. You girls are the best!

In the last picture, Claire was nicely sitting in the car waiting for us. Thank goodness Kate makes up for the fact that one of my children is missing by grabbing her crotch. That's always a good way draw attention away from everyone else!

MLW said...

Looks like a great time. You clearly have more fun in OK than the rest of us! :-)