Its Brent's birthday. I just made the Pioneer Woman's Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake. Sometimes I wish I was The Pioneer Woman. Her kitchen is amazing. And that's just the beginning. (Note: I would transport the individuals in my family with me. I'm not after the Marlboro Man; just after the ranch, the sardonic wit, and the 100 hours she has in each day.)
Anyway, back on earth. Blake is singing U2's 'Stuck in a Moment,' which he still claims is his favorite song -kind of melancholy for a birthday. Dane is singing 'Happy Birthday Cake to Daddy.' The kids picked out Iron Man plates for his birthday party tonight. You know how kids are -- every party has got to have a theme.
When I gave Brent a hug today before he left, I was struck with the thought that we (hopefully)have so many more birthday mornings together to look forward to. I had a vision of hugging him the day he turns 85. There is truly no one else that stands by us for so long, so consistently and solidly as our spouse. I hope that by then I can make the annual chocolate sheet cake without ruining the first batch of frosting and then having the good batch ooze all over the counter.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Happy Birthday to Daddy
at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Happy Birthday, OB (the boy one)!
Post a Comment