Sunday, April 25, 2010

Row Row Row Your Boat



Most memorable moment of our canoe trip: I saw a red snake about three feet long slither right past us on top of the water. I was scared speechless but managed to gasp for like 10 seconds which caught everyone's attention, so they were able to see it too. And that is why I don't like to swim in lakes.
My first attempt at our family portrait on the water: this is my look when I'm concentrating but kind of trying to smile, and the sun is in my eyes. I'm glad I got to see this picture so I can try not to do all that at once again.

Second attempt: Whoops, no one else made it in the shot. I realized then I should just give up. These are the dilemmas one has when blogging -- which worse picture is best?

As always, my thinker. He's probably plotting how to get that snake in our boat and make me scream.

2 comments:

shanon said...

How fun--where was that?

Andrea said...

Lady Bird Lake, the lake that runs through Austin. Formerly called Town Lake. Its great to have water right in town!