Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dinner Out

Occasionally we have dinner with a representative from Oklahoma Christian. When we saw him recently, I had to laugh to myself at how we must compare to the other alums he spends time with. During our dinner, I let the kids play with their knives. They used them to cut their crayons into tiny bits. I noticed this, and chose to be thankful they were quiet. I embarked, for my kids' sake, on two incredibly long trips to the airstream trailer bathroom, a fascinating place for a four year old. At some point, a game of chase took place in the space behind our table with me issuing orders like, 'Don't go past me and Daddy! Don't touch that cord! Don't play with that electrical socket! Don't touch Mr. Bob!' And finally when we were saying goodbye in the parking lot, Blake ran out in front of an approaching vehicle. We'll see if he calls us next year when he's in town...





0 comments: