Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tire

On my way out the door this morning to run a few errands, I noticed my tire was low. Really low. So I grudgingly accepted our new plan, got out our handy air compressor, filled the tire, and headed to Sam's where we have our tires under warranty. I was really just glad we weren't meeting anyone else, thereby screwing up their plans too. The 75 minutes it was supposed to take grew and when we left I realized we were there for 2.5 hours! We sat on the floor and read books, sat on the floor and picked up all the things Dane spilled, looked at all the movies and toys, carefully avoided the candy aisle, guided a woman with a seeing eye dog in the bathroom (trying to politely explain the situation to an inquisitive four year old, while Dane played Doggy on the floor...yes, of the bathroom), and best of all we had a delicious lunch for $5. It wasn't what I expected for the day, but it was a nice change of scenery for passing time indoors! And I guess we're all due for a bath.

4 comments:

CM said...

Oy, what a day. When we were on the phone were you at Sams? So funny about helping the lady to the bathroom, I can only imagine what a 4 year old would have to say about that!!

Claire said...

I'm impressed you made it 2.5 hours! Without injuring anyone. Oh, and we love the Sam's snack bar. We've been known to eat Sunday lunch there after church.

Gena said...

I might head to Sam's this morning. I love that place. Good seeing you all this weekend!

MLW said...

What a story! Don't you have road-side assistance with your car insurance? They should be able to come do that kind of thing for you, right? Anyway, a great story.