Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cowboys Camp

We went to San Antonio on Sunday to watch the Dallas Cowboys practice during training camp. I enjoyed being shuffled along and not in charge of anything. It was just like any other sporting event we have attended: Blake sat still and watched, asking occasional questions, and Dane was climbing all around us, touching the people in front of us, smiling at those behind us, and in general causing mayhem. After practice we went to the Riverwalk for dinner. Mostly Dane cried, Brent walked him around, and Blake and I made the best of it.

Excited in front of the Alamodome

I got a kick of them doing their stretches like a bunch of kids at gym class. And to think they are paid millions for this.
Dane's little trinket was this football and he was kind enough to share it with lots of people around us.


See #9, Tony Romo, practicing a play? We were pretty close but this little photo doesn't do it justice.

Monumental moment: Blake is holding Dane. This never happens, which is why Blake looks a little awkward and Dane looks thrilled.

Here's to football season! I'm mostly excited about the queso.

1 comments:

Summer said...

me too! It is always about the food, whatever the occasion.