Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We Better Stop

I was really enjoying a few minutes to clean up the house the other day while the boys played in a fort in our living room. I gave them snacks and they dragged all sorts of pillows, blankets, stuffed animals and toys into their fort. From the other room, my mom-ears suddenly tuned in to hear Blake say, "We better stop, Dane. We will get sick." Not good. I stopped in my tracks, frozen for a split second, then quietly tiptoed over to peek in the fort. To my surprise (sort of) they had found a bag of liquid popsicle sticks, yet to be frozen, and opened them with their teeth, squirting juice all over themselves, the couch, walls, pillows, toys and everything else within a ten mile radius. There were about 15 half-drained bags in there, and I'm pretty sure there was more juice on everything than in anyone. Ironically I haven't been able to get them to eat those frozen popsicles for anything -- little did I know they just like them warm and liquid!

5 comments:

Beth Hames said...

Oh-My-Word. It's funny, but I feel for you having to clean that up.

Gena said...

I love that. Totally understand mom ears. Just trying to ignore everything and have a minute of peace and quiet then you have to hear something like that. Funny.

Murrie said...

One word "awesome"

simply fabulous said...

Sticky!!!

MLW said...

We want pictures! Were you able to get the stuff out of the couch?