Friday, October 3, 2008

Choctoberfest


I threw my first Choctoberfest party last night. My sister-in-law Michelle told me about her friend Cindy's party years ago, and ever since I've been wanting to host one. This year I finally got organized enough to make it happen. It was for girls only, everyone brought a chocolate dessert to share, and we talked and laughed and enjoyed lots of decadent chocolate. We also celebrated the coming of cool fall weather (80s in Austin!) and changing leaves (sort of). I'm fortunate to have great friends who can bake delicious desserts and make good times roll!


Do we look excited or what?
And I'm so grateful to Brent who took the boys out of the house for awhile and then got them to bed despite Dane's repeat attempts to join the party. I wish I had a pic of Dane walking around at 11 p.m., trying to get in on the fun.
If you live in town, I hope you will come next year. And if you live in another town, you should throw one with your friends!

4 comments:

Claire said...

I've been dreaming of chocolate since I read this post initially yesterday! It looks like such a fun party. You're so good at hosting and organizing events. I'm impressed.

Raegan Brown said...

It looks like it was so much fun. I can't believe I missed it!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Good job! :)I'm doing my 7th annual Choctoberfest tomorrow! :)

MLW said...

How fun! Love it.