A year ago today was Dane's due date. I remember going to Poke Joe's for lunch in hopes that the spicy barbeque sauce would start labor but it didn't work, much to my dismay. I'm so thankful for him and can't believe that was just a year ago!
A glimpse into a day in the life of Dane a year after his due date:
- Today Dane made several attempts to bite Blake in an effort to stand up for himself. He hasn't figured out how to actually bite down, he just lunges at the victim with his mouth wide open and a mean look on his face. Truly frightening and good incentive for Blake to be nice to him!
- Dane ate two full pieces of spinach pizza for dinner. I was amazed!
- In his little t-shirt pocket at the end of the day I found two pizza bites, one pancake bite, a lot of sand, and one dice (die).
And we sang, per Blake's request, "the chicken song" (I figured out this was Booster Booster be a Booster), "Thomas Thomas, Let Your People Go" (easily confused when one plays with trains frequently) and that song about having peace like a river in my soul AND my shoe (as Blake has corrected me, and it must be confusing to a 3 year old since all the kids point to their shoes when they sing 'not' my shoe!) If this is how Dane is learning there's no telling what he'll sing...
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Dane was Due
at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Too funny about what you are finding in your almost 1 yr olds pockets! Imagine when he's 5. :)
My kids mess up that song too, its a tricky one.
Post a Comment