Sunday, March 16, 2008

Curtains

My brother's comment about my curtains reminding him of something from the 70s inspired me to share about all the curatins I've made for our house.

We call this one the Mini-skirt. It turned out a little shorter than I anticipated... Good thing I don't make myself clothes!

The anti-mini:
I only get credit for the embellishments on this one, and even that wasn't my idea. Actually now that I think about it, Kim helped me with ideas for a couple of these curtains.
Yet another curtain made of simple seams:
My personal fave, but the one that some may consider disco:
Maybe someday I'll get brave and do a roman shade or something hard!

6 comments:

CM said...

Andrea, I am so proud of you. Your curtains are gorgeous! Isn't it fun to be able to pick out your own fabric and decorate your house in it? Not that I really know, all of my curtains are store bought. But I can imagine that it would be a great feeling.

And Kim is definitely great at that kind of thing, I'm thinking about asking her if she is for hire. :)

Beth Hames said...

Cute. I like the mini-skirt. Ha!

Claire said...

I'm impressed with all of them. Up until now, I'd never thought about putting curtains up in my house. Very impressive, especially since you made them.

twarpula said...

Way to go girl!! Maybe you should do a "talk" on Wed! LOL! I have made a few myself, but really you wouldn't want to see them. ha!

MLW said...

Love the curtains! And, when did you start reading the Greenspan book?!?!?!

Meredith said...

So cute and very creative!