Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chicken of the Sea

Yesterday I was singing the jingle, 'What's the best tuna? Chicken of the Sea' as I was making my grocery list.
Blake - What are you singing?
Me - It's an advertisement.
Blake - It's about baptize? (I guess he didn't hear me right, and he's fascinated with baptism)
Me - No, it's a commercial (a word he can define as 'when people try to get you to buy things you don't need')
Blake - But it's about church?
Me - No, it's about fish that comes in a can (which made me think, 'That is gross, why am I buying that anyway?)
Blake - I can show you Chicken of the Seat! And he ran over to Dane's car seat and grabbed this:


6 comments:

CM said...

The boy does have good logic, don't you think? I love the funny little things Blake says!

Beth Hames said...

HAHAHA! That's a good one. Aren't you glad you're writing these things down?!?

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! I totally remember getting confused about things the adults around me said when I was young. That is soo hilarious...Jay thought so too....I just have to share these funny ones with him!

twarpula said...

Oh that is too funny!! Thanks for typing it down for us. That boy cracks me up.

Kim P. said...

That's hilarious! He is a smart kid =)

MLW said...

That's great! Love the mind of a toddler. So cute.

Is it hard for you as a marketing major to think of advertising as "when people try to make you buy things you don't need"?

Also, LOVE the new pics of the boys on the top of the blog.

Finally, thanks for adding me to your blogroll. That takes guts to let your friends know I'm your brother. :-)

Much love...