Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Sick House

Both our boys have the flu, and Brent and I have had some sort of fever-inducing virus. I feel like I'm operating a sick house. If you want to send any of your sick people over, feel free. I offer quality healthcare at discount prices.
You can usually find one of us looking like this at any point in the day.



I keep thinking about mothers of past centuries caring for their kids when they are sick. I cannot imagine the worry and fear that came when their precious babies had the flu, a nasty virus or countless other maladies that we now either treat with relative ease or avoid alltogether. I know we worry about the dangerous effects of vaccines on our kids, but I am so thankful to avoid so many serious illnesses that could claim the lives of our children. I think my generation can't even comprehend how fortunate we are to live with the benefits of today's medical advances.

6 comments:

CM said...

You are one tough cookie to survive this one. The poor boys, they look miserable, but oh-so-adorable at the same time. :)

Beth Hames said...

Poor babies. And I think there's nothing harder than taking care of kids when you are sick. I hope y'all are better soon...

Jessica said...

Ohhhh...I am soo sorry! I hope it is all almost over! Those are precious pics!

Claire said...

I am so sorry you all have been sick! That is terrible, especially for you. It seems that sick toddlers take no notice of their mother's condition.

I hope you guys are all feeling better.

jonna said...

Yuck! Hope you are all starting to feel better...Hang in there, Mom!

MLW said...

Yuck...We've had it too. Michelle was in bed Sun-Thur and I was Mr. Mom. Thankfully this was finals week so I could take off without any hassle. What a mess. I hope none of the rest of us get it!

Get well soon!