Friday, February 29, 2008

Doctor Zhivago

I had to take Doctor Zhivago off my Books list. I just could not get into that book. It felt like it was written sort of choppily, and I wondered if it was in the translation to English. Has anyone read it? Kim is working on it, so we'll see what she has to say.

3 comments:

MLW said...

I'm glad you took it off. I haven't read it.

I'm enjoying "That Hideous Strength" right now. It's not by a Russian author, but it's good nonetheless.

MLW said...

One more thing...have you seen this site? It's a neat way to display your reading list on your blog...

http://www.shelfari.com/widget?WidgetId=43745

Meredith said...

I have a "bookshelf" at the site mlw is talking about. A friend of mine gave me the website. It is a good way to see what others say about a book before attempting it.

I have tried "Doctor Zhivago", as well, and could not get into it either.

Meredith