Thursday, October 1, 2009

Under the Burning Hot Mexican Sun

Our trip to Mexico was fabulous! We relaxed together for 5 days and I think it was the perfect getaway for us, particularly in this stage of life. We really enjoyed the simplicity of being together. I tell you what, not having to cook, clean up, and take care of people makes me a much more easy-going woman! We went kayaking one day, read a lot, floated down the lazy river quite a few times, made major decisions like which pool or beach to head to, and ate lots of pescada. We worked in a massage (blissful!) and a round of golf, and a few workouts. We had one fabulous dinner at a little place off the resort that I'll probably dream of for weeks - it was 'Mexiterranean' and they gave us some of the best food ever, on the beach, with the moon glistening over the ocean. I loved it.

This was from the plane on the way in. I had never been over tropical rainforest before.

Our room had a lovely view of the ocean and treetops.

Can you tell we had a long day in the sun? We were watching a really beautiful storm during this sunset.




Eating dinner in peace and quiet
Cheers!



This was our last morning during breakfast - we didn't really want to leave, but we were really glad to see the boys. When we got home last night, Dane kept bringing me over to sit on Brent's lap and then he'd just stand back and smile at us.
Thanks Barb and Randy for watching the kids while we were gone. We appreciate it so much!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ahhh, how lovely! Glad you guys had a great time!

Julie Walker said...

Looks gorgeous! I am so glad you had a great time!

Julie T said...

Looks like paradise! What a fun getaway for you two.

Summer said...

we'll be there in two weeks. i can't wait!

simply fabulous said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time! It looks wonderful!