Monday, October 12, 2009

Day Out With Thomas


We headed out to Burnet yesterday for a night of family fun riding Thomas. Like many two-year-old boys, Dane is fascinated with trains. Blake, being four, is much too mature for such nonsense but he followed us along. Dane loves to read this Thomas book with irritating songs (thank you Mom) and everytime he says, "I ride dat! I ride Thomas!" So I felt like he really needed an experience bigger than the Zilker train. We bumped into some friends from church (literally, thanks to my huge bag) and Brent struck up a conversation with a stranger who happened to go to Oklahoma Christian, and it turned out we actually knew him. The whole night was fun and I'm glad we went.
I was hoping we'd get a fabulous picture of the two of them, but I have decided that such a feat is not possible.
The surprise to me was that Dane also seems to love Sir Topham Hat. He's never talked about him before but really wanted to wait in the long line to have his picture taken with him. Being the mom that I am, I tried to get out of waiting in the long line in the rain to do so, but Dane prevailed by craning his neck and saying, "I see him! I go there!" He was really excited for his turn, ran right up, and then he froze. When everyone told him to look over here for a picture, his whole body was rigid and he just moved his eyes over to the camera.

Then Sir Topham Hat tried to start a fight with my little boy.

They worked hard on art projects.

This is a picture of the Giantess and her small brood.



2 comments:

Gena said...

Looked like a beautiful, sunshiny day. ;) I love Thomas.

Claire said...

I'm laughing out loud at this. Its too funny!

I've always been wary of Sir Topham. I knew he couldn't be trusted!

Thomas freaked Grace out when she was about two. She would always yell, "Turn it! Turn it! They have faces!" So of course we would intentionally find it and leave it there to listen to her yell.