Be a Lamp
a Lifeboat
or a Ladder
- Rumi
- Rumi
I can scroll through my friends in my mind, and it seems like each person strikes me as either a Lamp, a Lifeboat, or a Ladder. Some friends quietly and consistently help me navigate the path of path of motherhood, or they brighten my daily routine, or shed valuable insights into the intricacies of my life. Others are always there for me, willing to help out however I need it, without a moment's hesitation. A few of my friends are advocates by nature, and they encourage me to put my gifts to use and they often put resources in my path to push me along.
I think I know which one I most often am. What about you?

2 comments:
Love this. Makes me think about what I'm doing with the relationships I've been given. Also, it's a good thought when I just have contact with people on a daily basis: what have I added to their day?
Of course, if you think about your family you are more likely to think about darkness, deadweight, and decline.
I like this poem...where did you find it? In "White Tiger" the author repeatedly says Rumi is one of the best poets ever. Do you agree?
Post a Comment