Friday, May 8, 2009

Scotland


Brent and I just returned from a week in Scotland visiting our friends Michael and Laura. It was absolutely beautiful. We loved the cool weather, historic old towns, towering castles, delicious food and peaceful scenery. Our friends were incredible hosts and it was great to sight-see, relax, eat and laugh with them. And play cards. Apparently I'm a terrible rummy player.
The boys had fun with Mimi, then Baba and Aunt Lisa and Aunt Susan. Thank you everyone! We really loved our trip!


Below is a photo of Brent and I at Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh. This is where the royal family stays when they are in town for their summer visit.

A view from Edinburgh Castle.
Brent and I at Dunnotar Castle (which is the castle in the picture at the top)
Laura and I at the Cardhu Whiskey distillery.

5 comments:

CM said...

It's beautiful! That first picture is so dramatic, it looks like it could be from a movie. I'm so glad you had a great time and enjoyed your week away.

Julie T said...

Looks like an amazing trip! Glad you two enjoyed your time together.

Kim said...

Glad you had a great time together. Beautiful pictures!

Ashley said...

It looks like a beautiful trip! You are glowing in those pictures. What a fun time.

Claire said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm so happy that you got to go do something so fun. Can't wait to hear all about it-eventually!