Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Church They Live In


Our friends in Scotland live in a renovated church. It was built in 1746 and was just recently renovated into a home. Most of it is quite modern but they kept some of the original beams and flooring for use around the house. I have to say I'm a lame photographer so these pictures really don't do it justice, and you'll just have to trust me that I thought it was quite beautiful.

This is the entrance to the house. I never saw where that original 'front door' pictured above leads. We sat out on these benches and made a fire one night, all wrapped up in tartan blankets with tumblers of Scotch whiskey. There were tons of stars, and it was a perfect moment!


These windows were orignals, and they are placed in a few places in the house. This view is looking into the kitchen.


Here is the upstairs living room, with original beams, ceiling, flooring and pew. This area was originally the choir loft.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How awesome!

Murrie said...

Wow that is amazing. I would love to live there.

CM said...

It does sound like a perfect night to be outside under the blankets. Great pictures!

Amy said...

How beautiful and amazing!