I keep forgetting to tell this story...
When we flew to Maryland for Christmas, we changed plans in Houston. As we were getting ready to board, I noticed all these people moving to the windows with their cameras. So of course I wandered over there myself, and what did I see but the stately F0rmer Pres. Ge0rge B u s h (Sr) himself, and Mrs. B u s h, walking up the steps to the door of our plane. I decided to play it cool and not dash for my camera. Can I spell regret? (Side note - I'm calling him P.B. so this doesn't come up on internet searches. Sorry, I know it's annoying.)
We pre-boarded with kids, and we were explaining to Blake what a big deal this was to be able to see a pres in person. We jokingly told Blake he should pull up his sweater and show P.B. the Astros t-shirt he had on underneath, since he's an Astros fan. When we got on the plane, they were seated in the very front row, and P.B. was greeting everyone that walked by. Mrs. B. was reading a book (who can blame her - that's a lot of hellos!). I spoke briefly to him and was ushering Blake along, and then the line got backed up, so Brent and Dane were 'stuck' right beside him. Brent is really good in those situations - he doesn't say stupid things to fill up empty space like I do - so they had a lovely conversation about the honor it was to meet him. Then ole' Georgey was asking all about Dane and commenting on him, and Brent was making jokes about how well -behaved he would be on the flight. I was so relieved that Dane didn't go 'thththppppppp' with his tongue and spit on him, or hit Brent's face, or toot!
When the line cleared up, I looked down and Blake was holding his sweater up, showing off that Astros shirt. Of course P.B. couldn't see him by then but I was glad Blake kept his wits about him! I guess he's just like his dad that way.
At the end of the flight I wasn't trying to be cool anymore so although you can't see anyone famous, these are the cars that whisked away the f0rmer P.B. and his lovely bride.
And by the way, P.B. was saying 'Merry Christmas!' to everyone, without concern for their religious preferences. I think that is an excellent example for Christians!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
You Never Know Who You'll Meet
at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh my goodness. that is amazing. Poor GW, no more air force one...
that is SO cool!!!
Post a Comment