Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweetest Thing

As I was tucking Blake in bed, we had one of the sweetest conversations we've ever had. It went like this...
Blake: "Mommy, I love you. You are so good at what you do."
Me, really surprised, touched and gushing with gratitude: "Thanks Blake! That makes me feel so good for you to say that!"
Blake: "You're really good at turning on the tv."
The pin pricked the bubble, but it didn't exactly pop.
Blake: "And you open all those doors with the knobs really good."
And after a few moments of wracking his brain he said at last, but hopefully not least, "You open the garage door really good too."
I started to catch on; these are things he really values, that he can't do himself! I have a purpose! I am needed!

4 comments:

CM said...

I am laughing so hard right now! That is adorable. I love all of the funny things that Blake says. And yes, you are VERY good at all of those things!!

Jessica said...

Too cute! You SHOULD be gushing with pride.

MLW said...

I can say with authority...you've always been good with TV and doors. This is not just parenting skills, but truly a lifetime of training. :-)

Ashley said...

I LOVE that. What a thoughtful boy to take the time to list the things you're good at!