While Brent and I were in Phoenix, we went to a upscale seafood restaurant called Wildfish (part of the Eddie V's family of restaurants) and had one of the most delicious meals ever. During our dinner, this couple with a cute little kid that looked about two was seated next to us. Wildfish is the kind of place we would NEVER take our kids, so I kept an eye on them to see how it went. The little guy was so well-behaved and quiet. We did also notice that the dad was huge, the mom was gorgeous, the dad ate a giant steak the size of my head, and eating at Wildfish seemed as natural to them as Chic-fil-A is to us. But anyway as we were leaving, I stopped by and told them how impressed I was with their child's behavior and we had a little chat. He didn't exactly give me a huge winning smile but he was kind enough and now I realize he probably was bracing himself for me to ask for an autograph.
It turns out (after a little deductive reasoning and internet searching) that it was Darnell Dockett, an all-pro defensive tackle for the Cardinals, and ironically, he hails from Maryland too. And that is one of several reasons why we're cheering for the Cardinals.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Cheerin' for the Cardinals
at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is classic.
That's just fantastic!
You're such a great person. I love it when people tell me how well-behaved my kids are, on the rare occasion that they are all well-behaved at once. But I rarely do it to other families.
This is SO funny. After you left, he was probably thinking he is losing his touch with his fans to not even be recognized.
Post a Comment