My family braved the odds and went to DC to see the National Christmas Tree this year. To tell you the truth, I always think the tree looks a little kitchy. It's hard to find elegant ornaments for an outdoor tree that is a few stories high so I cut the First Lady some slack. We took the Metro down (super fun for the boys), ate at Union Station with a few vagrants (a little smelly but enjoyable nonetheless), and walked a few blocks around DC to see the tree, the yule log and what seems to be the same nativity set they've had for ages. When I was a kid I loved the reindeer most of all and unfortunately I mentioned this to Blake. The reindeer were too worn out from Christmas or something because they weren't there. All wasn't lost though because my sister-in-law packed a giant bag of candy and after a few pieces of that he forgot I even said it. His favorite was the intricate train set all around the tree anyway.
Riding the Metro
Part of the fam eating dinner - this is about as good as it gets eating out with 14 people.
You can barely see the White House.

6 comments:
Wow you're back! It was fun to hear about your trip. You guys are lucky to get to visit DC when you go home. It's one of my favorite cities. Great pics...
Those are fun pictures. I showed them to Claire earlier, and she asked 3 times who is holding Blake. She recognizes you, Blake & Dane, but she claims she's never seen Brent before (her actual words-that not Blake's Daddy!)
Sweet pics and nice update! However, I've never been comfortable with the adjective "kitchy".
Love the tree pictures! Dane is SO funny in those, just along for the ride. :) I guess that's what you do when you are the youngest.
-Tanya
How fun to be able to see that stuff at Christmas! I also love DC, and your red jacket!
Very fun!!! What fun memories to now pass onto you kids!!!
Post a Comment