I'm reading this devotional book my mom gave me called God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos. Does the title alone make you feel better? I am not suggesting it's a must-have, but it's been really good for me lately. I need to be better about slowing down and listening for God during the day and appreciating all that he has given me. Too often I slip into focusing on what needs to be done instead of just enjoying the kids and the relative peace of my life. The book has several thought-provoking questions that help me focus on how to rely more on God, consider the spirituality of my children, and find some much desired but often neglected solitude in my day. You guys won't even recognize me by the time I'm done with this book.
Also, I bought a gift for Brent's co-worker today, who had a baby girl recently, and it bolstered my inclination that anyone with baby girls should spend as much money as they can manage on adorable girl clothes! Striped shirts and cargo pants are fun to buy for about the first 6 months and then it gets mundane.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Listening
at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good suggestion on the book. And I second the shirts-and-pants-for-boys-getting-old comment. Who knows - maybe some Hejl will have a girl someday. Ha.
I will look for that book, it sounds like I need it. :) I agree about the boy clothes. Ugh! Their all the same.
-Tanya
I may have to order this book. It would definitely help me.
As for the girls clothes, they are adorable, but with 3 girls running around here, my home is virtually an ocean of pink. If only I could get one of them to wear cargo pants instead of ruffled dresses. I guess the grass is always greener....
I'll skip the book. I'd rather watch Rambo. :-)
Seriously, can you imagine how boring it is for us to buy the same lame outfits we've been wearing since third grade?!?!?! Seriously, I have a few shirts from college I still wear regularly. Men's fashion is slower than global warming!
Post a Comment