Christmas is descending on our house! We have boxes of decorations all over and I'm wondering where along the way this season got so out of control. Does everyone swap out their towels, dishes, sheets and all the miscellaneous decor for their Christmas version? We really do have flannel sheets with big Santa faces on the pillowcases and I use them faithfully every year. I love it and I love my Neil Diamond Christmas CD which gets played way too much during the season. It does seem a bit excessive though, especially considering that just two generations ago people got oranges and candy in stockings and that was exciting in itself. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Just have to say I love Neil Diamond. My dad played it for us every night when we were growing up. I love his voice!
Ha! We do not have Christmas sheets! That's a good one. I love having the house decorated for Christmas, but I just wish someone else would actually do the work.
My boxes are still everywhere ... the tree is up though, so we're good. I'm glad you appreciate Neil as well.
It's funny that you bring up fruit in your stockings, as my grandmother used to fill stockings at her house for us with apples and oranges, nuts, and a snickers. :)
I totally agree. I listened to an excellent program last week on "money and moral balance". I recommend it as you try to find a happy medium with the holiday.
It's from the NPR Program
Speaking of Faith and you can listen to it online or download to you Zune.
Post a Comment