I went to Plano last weekend for Deanna's wedding. We met in the Registrar's Office on campus the summer before our freshman year, and then were pleased to discover that our rooms were right next door to each other on move-in day. God definitely intended for us to be friends! She's one of the most loyal friends I have ever known and I am really honored that I got to be in her wedding. Anyway I left the kids home with Brent and his parents this weekend. I was a little sad to leave Dane, but it was fine once I got out the door, and I had a fabulous time in Plano. I have not lived it up like that in a long time...
I got to spend a lot of time with girls I was really good friends with in college but haven't talked to lately, and I just kept thinking about how grateful I am for GIRLFRIENDS! I love how girlfriends can go years without talking, then see each other and jump right back into a discussion on what we love about and struggle with in our lives. I love laughing with girlfriends when something funny happens. I love how we ponder how our hips have gotten so wide while we knock out another basket of chips and salsa. I love how girlfriends know each other's virtues and weaknesses and choose to focus on the best in each other. If you are a girl and you are reading this, I'm really thankful for the role you play in my life. If you are a guy, you are probably either my brother, my husband or Mat Hames and I love all you guys too but in very different ways.

4 comments:
Looks like you really had a great time...how fun it must have been to be "free" for the weekend - although I bet it made you miss the boys and want to be come home, too.
You look terrific, too, in your bridesmaid's gown. Who would know you gave birth mere months ago!!
How embarrassing (for me). Many will be thinking 'what does it mean that he reads and posts replies on girls' blogs?' Oh well, I know at least two other guys in the group who've admitted to me that they read the girls' blogs. I won't out them here, for real of reprisals. And I really think they all do, they just don't admit it publicly. How's that for a rationalization?
Beautiful dresses! Funny about Mat!!
-Tanya
Yay for girl friends! You all look beautiful in that picture. You'll have to fill me in on Meagan and Christina sometime soon.
Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment