Friday, September 14, 2007

Markers, A Mom's Worst Enemy

I am recovering from an Episode. Moments ago, Blake got ahold of a black marker (that I foolishly placed in a hidden corner, but within his reach) and used our new red couch as a canvas for his mural. I was less than pleased, to say the least. After angrily sending him to the naughty mat, I attempted the clean-up procedure. Doesn't it figure he'd draw on the one piece of furniture in the room that wasn't black and was the most expensive? He did this right under my nose I should add - I don't know how I didn't see him get started (besides the fact that I was on the phone with Jessica, hearing the gender of her baby after the sonogram!). While I was trying to clean this up (probably making it worse since I cannot help but aggressively scrub--I don't know how people just blot at marker stains), Dane was crying that loud, intense newborn cry, rattling my nerves just a tad. Then I went to get Blake off the naughty mat, and found a scorpion carcass right by him. I don't know if it's a dead scorpion or if they shed their shells. But it was about as gross as the 2-inch spider I killed yesterday in our garage. (This is a good time for me to brag that in our house, I'm the one who also catches geckos when they get inside. I just bravely grab them with my hands, hoping I don't separate the tail from the body and have to watch that freakish tail flail around headlessly, whereas Brent conducts an elaborate rescue operation with paper and a cup so he doesn't have to touch them.) Anyway now the couch just has large black puddles, instead of long clear streaks.

On to brighter things... Brent enrolled Dane in the Yankess-fan-in-training program. We even purchased a video explicitly for babies on the topic. Seriously.


And the other night, the boys had a (short) sleepover in Blake's bed.

1 comments:

MLW said...

Oh, that's terrible! Of course...it could be worse. One time one of our children had the same idea but was using a butter knife on our wooden coffee table! That won't clean up! :) You need to show a picture of the new black highlights on the couch!