Monday, August 29, 2011

And In Other News...We're Having a Baby!

This is why I blog -- so that when we find out we are pregnant with our third child, I can get a laugh out of an old post like this (click here to see the comments you posted).

*********************************************
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Garage Sale Blues
I'm having a garage sale this weekend. The impetus: Brent and I have decided we're stopping at two kids. I use the word decided loosely. Sometimes I like the idea of another child and a fifth family member, but I have a lot of concerns about that idea. As I am going through all this stuff, I start thinking maybe I should keep it. I mean if we change our minds, or accidently have a third kid, I'm going to be really ticked that I got rid of all my baby stuff. But then I think, what are you thinking? You can barely handle the two you've got! Sell the stuff, quick! My head tells me to stick with two kids, and hold Harper, Maddy and Francie a lot. Are other people this conflicted about getting rid of baby stuff? So I'd love to hear advice about what you think we should do, or whether you struggle with being unsure how big you want your family to be.


*********************************************

Clearly, I hadn't decided anything.

Fortunately, we're purely excited to have another little person on the way.

Here we are the night we found out the big news. We look blissfully alarmed and excitedly flushed with about 200 questions pinging around behind those smiles.


The boys didn't know yet so they have their usual look for posed family photographs. And I didn't think about it then, but I see a perfect spot on Brent's lap for Baby #3.



5 comments:

Summer said...

WOW!! COngratulations. Too bad you can't come to my garage sale this weekend and re-buy all the baby stuff :)

Amy said...

I have a feeling there's plenty of baby stuff to go around!! Congrats - we are so happy, excited, etc. for you!! And btw, Brent does look a little shocked in these pics . . . . .

Mandy said...

Congrats! We've had 3 for almost three months now and it's great, although I'm still a bit overwhelmed.
The 3rd time around you know the stuff you really want and the stuff you don't need. You can get by with very little. Just ask Molly. ; ) She didn't even have a crib until the week before she was born and she has yet to sleep in it!
Congrats again!

shanon said...

That blog entry was the VERY first thing I thought of when I saw the news--hilarious! Congrats mommy and daddy.

Tanya said...

From what I have seen, children who are #3 are laid back, easy-going and go with the flow. I'll say a prayer that yours does the same:) Congratulations. We are super excited for you.