Brent's sister Lisa and her husband Jay have pet ducks. Until recently they have been sleeping in the house, cuddling with their owners, and capturing the hearts of the entire Heath family. We've been hearing about these ducks for a year, wondering if they are really as precious as everyone says. In November we had the pleasure of meeting MingMing and Faraday* ourselves, and decided they were right, the ducks are really stinkin' cute.
At one point we all got the nerve to pet them. With the gutsy, careless grace of a one-year old, Dane reached out with two hands and twisted MingMing's neck. I had that sudden panic that my child had just killed an animal, and a beloved one at that! Fortunately though, MingMing is a tough little guy and got over it quickly. He didn't waddle too close to Dane after that though.
If Blake had only been smiling, I might have used this for a Christmas card.
*Names in this story may have been changed because Lisa talks really fast, even faster than me, and I can never really understand what she calls them.

2 comments:
Ha! I can't believe the ducks are posing with you guys. I also can't imagine having two ducks running around my house but they are cute!
hey! i have a pet turkey!!! but she does NOT come in the house and she has recently taken to nasty poo all over the porch, which has GOT to stop!
anyway, just doing a little catching up on all y'all's blogs. miss you!
Post a Comment