Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Army Guys

When my parents were here recently we went to Camp Mabry to see the military airplanes, tanks and helicopters. We all admire the 'airplane on a stick' everytime we drive up Mopac, and it is even better up close. You can use military phones, try on uniforms (which are quite heavy), poke around a fighter jet cockpit, and see a ton of tanks. I've always been interested in WWII history, as well as most things military, so I really enjoyed it, and I left with an even deeper appreciation for our troops.

Making his army guy face -The infamous airplane on a stick -





4 comments:

Raegan Brown said...

I didn't know you could go there, That's cool! Caroline is convinced that it is the airport and I haven't really figured out how to explain to her what it actually is. Maybe a visit is in order to clear up the confusion!

twarpula said...

We've been there. I took the boys for their camo party pictures for their bday invites. Very fun!! I love the expressions on Blake's face!! He was really into it. Funny how they love that stuff at such a young age.

JessBless said...

It's crazy that I have lived here for so long, and yet have never been. We will have to make a trip of it soon.

Kim said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time. What a cool place!!