Sunday, September 7, 2008

Musings

Lately I've noticed:

1. There is no concept of time when blogging, facebooking, emailing or otherwise internetting.
2. Trying to get away for a few minutes by escaping to my bedroom usually backfires. If I really want to get away, I take a rocketship to the moon.
3. If I give up something for a long enough period, I will probably lose my interest in it. At different points in my life, this has worked with butter, chips, soda and creamer. Someday maybe I'll try it with sugar.
4. If I'm feeling blue, it's good to call a friend. Talking to someone about anything makes me feel better than stewing on problems in my own mind.
5. It seems like as we get older, girls get prettier and guys get bigger.
6. I need to ask more questions.
7. Playing with the kids always makes me feel better about my to do list.
8. I feel better about myself when I wear makeup. When you can barely see my eyes behind all the shades of black and gray, you'll know what kind of day I had.
9. If I eat it standing over the kitchen sink, it contains no calories.
10. A good friend is a good friend forever.

3 comments:

CM said...

Great list! When you figure out the get to the moon thing, let me know. :) And when I saw you a few days ago with so much make up on (it looked great, by the way), I should have given you a hug!

Jessica said...

I am going to try that make up thing! Not only did you feel better you looked gorgeous too!

Claire said...

Good list-I learned some new tricks! However, playing with my kids just adds stuff to my to do list (pick up whatever we got out) and makes me tired.